According to a report by Bloomberg on Sunday, Huawei is preparing to reduce international smartphone shipments by 40% to 60%.
The Chinese technology company is studying various options, including launching the latest models of its overseas smartphones.
The report said that the technology giant’s marketing and sales managers internally expect smartphone sales to drop to 40 million to 60 million this year.
At that time, Huawei founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei said that the restrictions “may slow down, but only slightly” growth.
A similar US ban on China’s ZTE, which weakened the business of Huawei’s small competitors, was weakened before the restrictions were lifted earlier last year.