Mon. Aug 19th, 2019

79% Companies Are Still Using Windows 7

Spread the love

From July to 2020, Windows 7 will stop receiving official Microsoft support, which is likely to result in a large number of devices without security patches.

The study also highlighted how 79% of companies wait for Microsoft to release updates before installing them. Considering that some people are worried that a bad patch may cause trouble for their internal activities, the question of the reliability of the update may be behind.

The company said it expects 99% of the software running on Windows 7 to fully support Windows 10 and the remaining 1% will help.

Customer support for Windows 7 will still be available after January 2020, but the annual cost will be higher. In the first year after EOL, organizations will have to pay $50 for each Windows 7 device and then double it next year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *